NEXT STEP

Account Hacked

Account Hacked

alexandria.galev

Premium

Canada

iPhone XS Max

IOS

A couple of days ago I opened my spotify account to listen to some music and I noticed that in the "recently listened to" category there were playlists that I had never even clicked on before.  When I went to check the playlists I had created, there were several new playlists that I was not following.  I knew that this was out of the ordinary so I changed my password and kept using my account.  Today I opened my spotify app again, but this time I was logged out and asked to log back in.  When I used my regular email and password, it informed me that the email or password was incorrect.  I decided to go on the spotify webpage to reset my password and a subscript popped up saying that this email is not attached to an account.  Shortly afterwards I recieved an email (to the email that was supposedly not attached to an account) saying that my premium subscription has been cancelled.  I have created a new account but I would like my old one back considering I had music on there from years and I had just paid for my monthly subscription.

IMG_3299.JPG
1 Reply

Hey @alexandriagalev, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you think someone has gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking this support article and follow ALL steps.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts