Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The app keeps playing one song, on repeat. 

if changed, it goes back to the same music.

if paused, it plays back again.

if stopped, it plays back.

if re-logged-in, it defaults to play on chrome(web) - which by the way im not sure how this happened, as ive never played spotify using web.

I have already changed password (fb/email/spotify), unlink all connected devices, re-isntall the app and clear data but when i open it back again, the app keeps playing one song. I have lost control over my account.

This song:
Say Hi - Instrumental Version

Richard Do.

2.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rone30,

Glad to hear the folks at Customer Support were able to help you resolve this 🙂

If anyone else notices suspicious activity on their account, make sure to check out this support article, which provides steps on how to secure your account.

If that doesn't work, then you can reach out to our Customer Support team here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

What i would tell you you could try is, when you install the spotify application on your phone go to the options and use the option "delete data". In most cases that should reset the application so that your issue shouldnt appear any more.

Also what you should try is in the spotify account tab. There is an options that says log out on all devices. If you havent tried that yet i'd recomend you to do that as well.

But at least that much i can tell you: Your Account has probably not been hijacked

Hopefully that helps and have a good day.

I already did. i even isntalled the app on my PC, and its the same problem. it keeps playing this one song. i cant change the music. When I pause, it plays back again. I have no control anymore of the app. 

ive change email and password also.

Ok, this actually is a problem that has never heard before, so i'm afraid  dont have guaranteed a solution for it. But what i can suggest you is that you you go and create a new free spotify account, then contact the spotify support to ask them to merge both accounts together, a service i've been offered before. But watch out you'll need the login data for both of the accounts to do that.

Let me know what you think of that and how it goes 🙂

Ive done my own research before I posted here, but it seems everything ive searched didn't help me.

• change spotify password
  • change facebook password
  • change email password
  • unlink devices
  • re-install app
  • clear data in android

none of the above works and it baffles me. So i contacted support thru chat and the guy was able to solve my issue. 

If anyone is having the same issue, id recommend go straight to support. 
I appreciate the community here who came to reply.

Marked as solution

Hey @rone30,

Glad to hear the folks at Customer Support were able to help you resolve this 🙂

If anyone else notices suspicious activity on their account, make sure to check out this support article, which provides steps on how to secure your account.

If that doesn't work, then you can reach out to our Customer Support team here.

Suggested posts