Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hijacked

Account Hijacked

Please, can you help - my account appears to have been hacked and hijacked by another user? I have managed to log in to this page via Facebook login, but the email address, postcode, and password that are now associated with this account are not mine. The credit card showing, however, is mine and I am up to date with my payments but locked out of my account.

I have been unable to go online with Spotify for a couple of days and it would appear that someone else has changed the email and password used to connect.

I regard this as an act of theft as I am now paying for a service which someone else is accessing. I also have serious questions as to why a company would let someone change email address and password on a subscription without sending any kind of notification to the previous email address. This is a basic security procedure and I would like an explanation as to why Spotify does not seem to take its customers' security seriously.

I have submitted this information on a contact form on the website yesterday with details about how to get in touch with me, but have not heard back yet. Please, could this be looked into ASAP?

The image attached shows the email that is not mine. 

Capture.PNG
1 Reply

Hi, @Quinten_de!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

Don't worry, our Accounts team can take a closer look at this. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

Suggested posts