Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Random music keeps queueing up on Spotify, mostly Latin/LatinAmerican in origin.
Resetting the password on both Spotify and the attached email several times, logging out all devices, and contacting support has done literally nothing to alleviate the issue.

Got an automated response from the support team, and that's it. Followed the article mentioned in several other threads with this issue.

What do?

4 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Already followed that article Loren.

Password changed (several times as the issue persisted).

Changed password on the associated email as well, though no security alerts were triggered there.

Signed out all sessions, emailed support staff.

Got an automated response linking to that exact same article.

I've removed Spotify from the computer in question, and am currently reinstalling in case that may remove the point of access.

Will update if any of the actions work.

Alrighty. Uninstalled, reinstalled the Spotify app. Did another password change and session wipe while I was at it.

When I logged back in, didn't see any more random songs in the recently played log, nor have any popped up in the 10ish minutes since relogging.

Hopefully the issue has been fixed, though I have no idea why a fresh installation would fix it.

Hey! 

Sorry for the delay, I'd recommend still allowing Spotify Support to take a look over the issue that you are seeing and ensuring that your account is fully secure. If you reply to the automated email even if it's a No-Reply it will be queued to a agent and they'll be in-touch. 

Any Questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Take Care,

Suggested posts