Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG G6, MSI GS63 Stealth 010 notebook

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've  been a spotify premium member for quite awhile and everythings been fine, but I've recently completely deleted my facebook account, and I was connected to spotify via facebook, and now all my account shows me as a bunch of numbers. This is really frustrating because it's hard to get in touch musically with friends now and I cant even remember my username half the time when I need to log in...

If there isn't a way to fix the display name, I am planning on unsubscribing to Spotify because I don't want to just be displayed as a bunch of numbers, and pay a monthly fee to have my account displayed like that is ridiculous. I can no longer get into my facebook because it was scheduled for deletion yesterday, and now it's completely gone (at least out of my hands), I don't plan on making a new facebook; I deleted it for a reason obviously.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the community!

It's currently not possible to change your Spotify username or profile name.

However, if you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new account. During sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like. Once you've done that, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form, and they can transfer your music, playlists, and followers over to your new account.

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name. However, you can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account

For more information, check out this support article: Change Username

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the community!

It's currently not possible to change your Spotify username or profile name.

However, if you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new account. During sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like. Once you've done that, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form, and they can transfer your music, playlists, and followers over to your new account.

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name. However, you can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account

For more information, check out this support article: Change Username

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thank You for your help 🙂

@user-removed Your welcome! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts