Account Issues

Account Issues

Premium

Singapore

Device

Samsung Note 8

My Question or Issue

Because SpotifyCares does not get back to me after 3 tweets to them,

1) I suspect someone else is logged into my account as only my wife and I uses my spotify family account. My playlists got deleted and there are songs and playlist that doesn't belong to them that appeared.

2) I have logged out and in again but to no avail. I had to look up myself how to recover my playlist. 

3) I had changed my password and removed a suspicious device from my offline devices.  Now when my phone is not able to access my premium account.

Please rectify as I am very disappointed in your sales support.

5 Replies

Hey @drstrangehand,

Sorry to hear this. 

If you notice any of the following occurring on your account unexpectedly, your account may have been taken over.

• Your password is no longer working.
  • The email address associated with your account has changed.
  • Playlists have disappeared or been added.
  • Subscription changes.
    Note: We never display your full payment information.
  • Someone else's Facebook has been connected to your Spotify account.

If any of those are occuring, please follow these steps on what to do next: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun....

If your Premium subscription isn’t working, I would also read this support article on the next steps to take: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/i-pay-for-premium-why-am-i-on-free/.

Hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I have changed my password.

What else can you do on your end.

@drstrangehand,

Thanks for the reply!

As I explained in my last reply, please follow these steps here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun.... This will direct you on the next steps to take if someone else gained access to your account. 

If you cannot access your Premium subscription, I provided a link in my last reply 😊

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Nope none of it works.

Already notify spotifystatus unless they as non responsive as spotifycares.

@drstrangehand,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you can contact Spotify using the contact form, usually they do reply fast, but you can get a reply within 72 hours (3 days) depending on the amount of tickets they need to solve. 

This is one of the steps in the link I provided in my last reply: 

“Note: We may need a screenshot of your Spotify receipt or bank statement for security purposes. Please have this on-hand when getting in touch (and make sure it does not show your full credit card number, expiration date, or 3-digit code). 

1. Go to our contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose I can't log in to Spotify
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

We'll then take all the necessary steps to secure your account and return access to you.”

Hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts