Premium

Country

Poland

Device

any

Operating System

various

My Question or Issue

I have a premium account that I always logged into via my Facebook profile. After I deleted my fb profile some weeks ago the account stayed active and logged in on all devices, with my user name (in the top right corner of PC app) changing from my name to numeric id (id: 11144964447). 

Everything was cool until my friend logged me out from Spotify on my PC yesterday. Now I can't log in. At first I thought I forgot my password, so I reset it for my email address. The pswd was reset, but not on the right account! Turns out that there is another account linked to my email address - some old, unused one with an almost empty library, that I forgot about. (id: 1168520481)

Interestingly enough, I can't even log in to this old account using my email address and the newly set password, only by id.

I know my old account is linked to the same email address, because I got an email confirmation about my Premium purchase on 28 June, 2018 (screen in attachment). Note that "account name" field is blank.

I've tried to log in to the Premium account using every password that I ever used in my life, with no success. Perhaps I really forgot it, but now I have no way to change it.

I would very much like to get back my Premium account, since it will be charging me money for a service that I cannot use.

Best regards,

Maciej Molski

EDIT: resetting the password for specified id worked, all goodie now

2 Replies

just use your email account to sign up. 

And cancel the account and you're not using Spotify on that account so you're probably not paying for it.

Suggested posts