Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

IOS14

My Question or Issue

I’m logged in a separate account because my old account, Abdanni, won’t let me log in. The only problem is that I never changed my password at all. On top of that, whenever I request a password reset email it never sends to my email that I usually get my Spotify emails from. And yes I checked my spam folder it’s not there. So how can this be? Literally yesterday Spotify was working fine and now suddenly today I was logged out and now my password doesn’t work and my email isn’t linked to my account. This is coincidentally also the day that Spotify had its update. So either your update has messed up my account or someone hacked my account because I have no idea how this would happen. And yes I restarted my phone and uninstalled and installed the app and it doesn’t work in a desktop website either. But indeed the account exist because when you look up Abdanni my profile picture shows up with my shorts (my peach if you know what I’m sayin)  in as the profile pic. So please Spotify, help me. I don’t want you make my playlists all over again I have like 150, please. 

1 Reply

Hey @Yummiedummi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take. Skip to the last part of the article to get in touch with Customer Support.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts