Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Login with a new email

Solved!

Account Login with a new email

I was using a Spotify Premium account through a family share plan. The email that was associated with my account on the family premium plan was deleted and I no longer use that email. I did not have the chance to update my new email on the family plan account before I was logged out of the family plan account. 

I would like to keep my same profile with music likes and preferences, rather than starting a new profile. I have tried to log in to the old account and have not been able to update my email. Has anyone encountered this problem? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oooh!! If that's the case, your account might have been compromised or was accessed by someone else.

Here's what you have to do...

1. If you are the family plan owner (not a member), contact your bank first and inform them to stop any transaction with Spotify. Request for a copy of billing statements for the past 3 months also as this will be required by @SpotifyCares as a proof that you are the owner of the account.

2. Chat with @SpotifyCares on Twitter. Tell them that your account has been hacked. Provide them a copy of the billing statements that will show your successful payment to Spotify.

However, if you are not the Family Plan Owner, you just need to inform the family plan owner to remove your account from the members. As there's no possible way for you to recover a family member account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Just to clarify.... were you be able to login into your spotify account using your old email? If so, kindly check this link

No, I have not been able to log back in to my account using my old email
and old password. I am sure I am using the correct log in information for
that old account, but I cannot get back into the account.
Marked as solution

Oooh!! If that's the case, your account might have been compromised or was accessed by someone else.

Here's what you have to do...

1. If you are the family plan owner (not a member), contact your bank first and inform them to stop any transaction with Spotify. Request for a copy of billing statements for the past 3 months also as this will be required by @SpotifyCares as a proof that you are the owner of the account.

2. Chat with @SpotifyCares on Twitter. Tell them that your account has been hacked. Provide them a copy of the billing statements that will show your successful payment to Spotify.

However, if you are not the Family Plan Owner, you just need to inform the family plan owner to remove your account from the members. As there's no possible way for you to recover a family member account.

Got it. This is a family account and I had to delete the email that I was previously using with that account. It looks like I just got auto-logged off of my account a month or so after I deleted the email. I was not able to change my email in the family plan so it looks like I'll have to go with Option 3 because we monitored for hacks. 

Yeah, that's correct. You have been automatically logged out because the email is already deleted or removed from the family plan.

Be careful in clicking links next time. If it's not a genuine Spotify website, do not enter your login credentials. If you encounter such links, copy the URL and send it to @SpotifyCares via twitter for them to investigate it.

Best regards.

Suggested posts