Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Name Problem

Account Name Problem

Hi Spotify. I just created my Spotify account like 10 minutes ago. I determined my username as "aksakallı simitçi" but in my account informations it says my username is [snip - removed by moderator] Can you fix it? I want to use my original username. Thanks.

4 Replies

Hi trakhias and welcome to the Spotify Community,

At the moment you cannot change your username on Spotify...

Best of Luck,
Jack

We know that...what we are saying is when I created my account as neauxla, but my account management page lists: [snip - removed by moderator].

For you to understand I typed: neauxla into username, and it turned out to be: [snip - removed by moderator]. Do you get it? Why did spotify change it?

I'm assuming this happened to this person too.

See attached files, do you understand now?

Capture.PNG

Hey @neauxla

We understand what you mean. The random numbers you're seeing is automatically generated when creating an account, and shouldn't be used when logging in. 

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account, or Facebook if you choose to connect it.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app, which is what you chose. 

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

@trakhias we think the above is also what you're experiencing. 

We suggest that you check out this help article for further info.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts