Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Name

Solved!

Account Name

Is there a way to display my Facebook name rather than my display name?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Arkhipov,

Apologies for the confusion - unfortunately it is not possible to replace your display name with your Facebook name, ie the Facebook name does not override the display name.

If you'd like to have your Facebook name appear instead, you'll have to create a new account and then link it to Facebook using the instructions in this support article.

If you decide to do that, bear in mind you'll have to unlink your Facebook account from your old Spotify account (the one with the display name) before linking it to the new one.

You can also check out this handySpotify Answer on transferring your saved music and playlists to your new account.

Hope that clears things up! Any questions, let us know 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @Arkhipov,

thanks for posting !

If your account is Facebook based, you can always give one another the permissions needed to use your full data.

Please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com and :

- Scroll down and find the "Privacy" tab on your left

- Click on "Process My Facebook Data"

- If it's on, turn off and back on

Let me know how it goes 🙂

It was already on, so i turned it off then on again, but nothing seems to have changed.

I created an account and then connected Facebook to the account, if that helps.

Hi @Arkhipov

thanks for trying my steps !

This action should shake things up a bit and in the mean while you can also use the steps provided on this help page to make sure you have the two connected properly.

Give it a bit more time as it may take up to 24hrs for changes to take effect. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Hello.

My name in the top right corner in Spotify on PC right now is still my display name.

Hello.

Are there any other steps i can take?

Hi @Arkhipov,

thanks for your patience !

I would like yo refer you to this solved thread.

It contains more info and steps on how to solve it.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey there @Arkhipov,

Thanks for staying tuned! 

Can you confirm if your Facebook is currently active? 

Also, can you shortly list all the steps you've taken so far, so we're sure we're on the same page? 

Meanwhile you can take a look at this Spotify Answer for more info on what to try.

We'll be keeping out an eye  for your next reply 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello @Petya 

My Facebook Account is currently active.

The steps I have taken are:

I have disconnected and reconnected Facebook to my account.

I have turned the "Process My Facebook Data" option on and off.

And i have gone into Facebook to make sure Spotify had all of the right permissions.

Marked as solution

Hey @Arkhipov,

Apologies for the confusion - unfortunately it is not possible to replace your display name with your Facebook name, ie the Facebook name does not override the display name.

If you'd like to have your Facebook name appear instead, you'll have to create a new account and then link it to Facebook using the instructions in this support article.

If you decide to do that, bear in mind you'll have to unlink your Facebook account from your old Spotify account (the one with the display name) before linking it to the new one.

You can also check out this handySpotify Answer on transferring your saved music and playlists to your new account.

Hope that clears things up! Any questions, let us know 🙂

Suggested posts