Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Name?

Solved!

Account Name?

So I wanted to link a friend of mine to my Spotify profile using the URI but it's hard to do that when your account name is impossible to remember. Because I signed up through Facebook, I never got a say in what my account name was and I'm stuck with a series of numbers.

Basically, what I'm asking is, is there a way I can change it from a series of dreaded numbers to something I can actually remember? Because currently my account is: 1246596204.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Liam wrote:

There is no way to change your Spotify username sorry. The only way to do so would be to create a new account free from Facebook, using a username.

There is a guide by @Peter__@Peter__ somewhere that explains how to do this, keeping your subscription and playlists. I'll try and find the link.

Liam

Link to that guide 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

There is no way to change your Spotify username sorry. The only way to do so would be to create a new account free from Facebook, using a username.

There is a guide by @Peter__ somewhere that explains how to do this, keeping your subscription and playlists. I'll try and find the link.

Liam

Marked as solution

@Liam wrote:

There is a guide by @Peter__@Peter__ somewhere that explains how to do this, keeping your subscription and playlists. I'll try and find the link.

Liam

Link to that guide 😉 

Peter

Peter

the above is my account name and that is stupid. I am not a number. I should be able to change this.

@1239736856 wrote:

the above is my account name and that is stupid. I am not a number. I should be able to change this.

With an account name which is a number, normally that means your account was created via Facebook and you should never need to see that number in the clients/apps because your profile will display your real name from Facebook. 

Peter

ive got a similar problem, the facebook account i signed up with is stuck with the old name we started our label with, cant change it on FB

is it not possible to have a spotify account without a facebook account?

if it is then surely i can detach the account from facebook and change the name on spotify?

@cel36 - You can have a Spotify account without Facebook, but if the account was created via Facebook there is no way to break the connection, so you would need a brand new account. 

If that is something you would like to do, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts