Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Password reset issues

Account Password reset issues

Hi,

When trying to reset my password on the edit profile page, I get an error once I've entered my new password and old into the required fields that says :

Another account is already registered with this email address

I know it's my email address. I recieve all emails as per normal from spotify.

Can someone please help - this is basic functionality.

FYI Im a premium user but suspect that should make any difference ( i did upgrade from a standard user - so unless the upgrade process has bugs in it).

Appreicate any help offered?

Thanks,

Mark.

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

That error message tends to mean you unknowingly have a duplicate account in the Spotify system using the same email address, it is annoyingly common if you use the same email address for your Spotify account as you do for Facebook. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks for response I will try routes suggested. As an aside I don't use Facebook to log in so that should not be an issue. But who knows!
Thanks

Suggested posts