Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Problems

Account Problems

I'm guessing this is similar to a few problems others have had today.

I can log into spotify using my Facebook account, however it doesn't seem to be linked to the username I orginally setup before connecting Facebook. I have a subscription to Spotify Premium however this isn't shown when I log in with my Facebook account, and no subscription history is shown.

My username is: Mozaz

I'm not receiving any password reset emails either.

Thanks

16 Replies

The same has happened to me, I couldn't log in on my computer, so I closed spotify and started it again. While trying to log in, it refused the first couple times, and then suddenly it did log in. A new version of Spotify showed now.

But now I lost everything!

It looks like I have a new account, which is spotify Free, while I have Premium through my mobile provider (So I pay for it)
It's gone on my computer as such on my phone. I have Spotify for 2 years now, and I lost everything. And can't use Spotify on my phone, because it says I use spotify free. Not very happy. Pretty annoyed now.

This happened to me last Sunday.

The accountnumber I have now is: 11137682324

I really hope this gets fixed, because I'm pretty irritated.

Similar to the two posters---ive been kicked out of my  pay account and no indication of what's happened. Any answers!!!!!!!!

@anouk_dunzinger Looks like you created a new facebook-linked account. Do you remember your original spotify username? If so, try logging out and back in with the username and not an email address. Hopefully you'll be back on your original account.

@user-removed It sounds like you have created a new account. 

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

@user-removed Are you sure you logged in with the correct details? It's too easy to log in with an email address (facebook linked account) instead of your spotify username or the other way around. Try logging out and back in.

I haven't changed anything with my account in the last few months. I linked my Facebook account around a year ago.

I've always used my email. Nothing changed, but facebook has been weird with apps lately. I don't get an email when I ask for my password or anything. And I can only log in by email and not facebook (when I open Spotify)

It was all working fine yesterday and seamless with logging in. Now I'm told I have a free account. Hope mt starred list isn't gone. I've had an account for 6mths or so. 

If you guys could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your accounts and playlists. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I replied to the automated email but haven't received a reply from anyone on the team yet. How long does this generally take?

Just a bit concerned since banking information is linked to that account.

Me too- I called the 800 # for Spotify on my bank debit and was redirected here.

Hi there,

If you let me know the case # you were emailed when you first got in touch, then I'll get these chased up for you ASAP. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hey Jamie,

Case number is: 01400600

Thanks for looking into it for me!

Thanks!

I can confirm that your case is in the queue and someone will be in touch shortly 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I am still having the same problem from last month. I seem to have two accouts. One is a premium account that I cann't access. The other is a free account. I know I have a premium account because I can't access it but I'm being billed for it. I need to cancell my premium accoun. Could someone from Spotify please help me do that.

Thanks,,

Keith 

@user-removed wrote:

I am still having the same problem from last month. I seem to have two accouts. One is a premium account that I cann't access. The other is a free account. I know I have a premium account because I can't access it but I'm being billed for it. I need to cancell my premium accoun. Could someone from Spotify please help me do that.

Thanks,,

Keith 

Did you submit a request for help through the customer service contact form? If so, please reply directly to the automated response in your email to make sure an agent sees your request. 

If not, go ahead and use the contact form, and Spotify staff will be able to help you out.

Suggested posts