Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Statistics / Information

Account Statistics / Information

Dear Spotify,
When I tried to log in to Spotify (because it kicked me out of my account), it wouldn't let me, because apparently "I've been using it abroad for 14+ days", when I have not. This has happened to me previously, and I do not think that it is fair for you guys to take my account away just because I took my phone with me on a family vacation and didn't even touch my Spotify. I'm very unhappy with this, so if you could give me back my account, that'd be great. I do not want to have to add back or try to find any playlists I previously had, as this would be the second time trying to rebuild my account from the rubble left behind by my perfectly good previous account. My account is jacqueline_201

Thanks.
3 Replies

@jacqueline_201

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

Change your country setting so it matches what your IP address shows.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That does kind of solve the problem, except for the fact that I'd have to change it every time I left the country and also came back. And also, I still would like my account back, as I did nothing wrong; I've had Spotify at least a year and I'm just finding out how to change my country, so it's Spotify's fault that my account got taken away, which means that I should get my account back. But thank you, now I know how to fix the issue once I get my account back! 🙂

@jacqueline_201

Spotify doesn't take accounts 'away'. True, you'd need to change countries everytime you're in a different country for more thatn 14 days, but, once you update your profile, all your preferences, music, friends, playlists, etc. will be there for you, since those are independent.

Of course, the best way to keep listening abroad is to get the Premium subscription. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts