NEXT STEP

Account Status

Account Status

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

Almost a month ago, I was told my account has been disabled\my ability to upload content has revoked and Spotify will not provide any additional information. I can’t login to my account but thankfully my public playlists are still visible after almost a month. Based on what I have read in other posts about it taking accounts up to 30 days to delete, It does not seem to me like my account is being deleted entirely (I hope), so I am praying I can recover it in the future. Are accounts ever disabled temporarily? Can any Spotify stars provide any input based on this limited info?

2 Replies

Hello @MCA94!

Thanks for reaching out. As far as I'm concerned, the data of disabled accounts isn't permanently deleted. Having a disabled account only means you're not able to access it. This means, if you think there has been some confusion, you can contact Spotify to take a look at your case. You can learn more about disabled accounts here.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Jose_M Thanks very much for your response! I have already contacted Spotify multiple times through every channel possible and I am always directed to the content protection team and unfortunately that team refuses to give me any information. Knowing that it should not be deleted makes me feel a little better and gives me a little hope I may be able to get it back in the future. However, since they will not tell me anything, I have no idea if they would reinstate it after a certain time period or else what I would have to do to get it back. If you or anyone else has any experience with this type of situation or has any advice, please let me know. Here is a brief description of my issue from a previous thread. Thanks again, I appreciate your reply!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Account-Disabled-Need-Help-Please/td-p/5477429

Suggested posts