Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Hi, My account was hacked/stolen and my email and date of birth changed. I've had to create a new free account to reach out and get help. Im not sure how much information to provide on this forum (username, email, date of birth, etc). I really want to recover my account and update passwords ect. I also want to be sure my card information linked to my account is safe. 

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend checking out this support article for more info and the next steps to take.

Also, your full card details aren't shown on your account, but your last four digits are. In any case, it's best to reach out to your financial institution for some more help, or to see if they can provide you a new card.

If you'd like some tips for protecting your account in the future, check out this guide.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J, 

Thank you for sending the link. However, I've already read through it and followed the steps. Problem is that the password reset sends an email to reset the account - and the person that hacked it changed the email address. 

Do you know of any good way to contact Spotify directly or to recover my account?

Thanks

Use the contact form:

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Go through all the steps and then choose "I still need help." It should get you to a live chat screen. Or you can send a message, and you'll get an auto-reply, and then you can reply to that to begin a dialogue.

A Spotify rep can change the e-mail address associated with your account, and then you can reset the password.

Be prepared to provide an image of your credit card statement showing the monthly charge from Spotify to prove that the account is yours.

Hey @user-removed,

Yes, on the link I provided, when you follow all the steps the last step is to get in touch with Spotify so they can take a closer look at your account.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts