Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Was Disconnected, Help?

Account Was Disconnected, Help?

Posting this on behalf of a friend whose account got nuked. Yes, he's gone through the protocol and has gotten nowhere.

His case # is 01155779 and text from him, quoted below:

In short, I recieved an e-mail from spotify stating:

"We recently received a chargeback from your payment provider, relating to a payment for your Spotify account.The funds have automatically been credited back to your payment account and, as a result, we’ve disabled your Spotify account.If you have any questions regarding the chargeback, please contact your payment provider directly."

I contacted my bank, who can verify a) that Spotify requested payment on the Dec. 23rd, b) that the bank paid Spotify on Dec. 24th, and c) that a refund as originally indicated by Spotify (above) was never issued. My personal online banking records validate their research and findings.

I need to have my account reactivated. Please help!"

14 Replies

Your friend needs to continue discussions with the spotify pament team - only they can make decisions on chargebacks so suggest he replies to the email. It can take a little time for spotify to complete their investigations and reach a decision so he'll need to be patient.

Welcome to the problem: He's submitted correspondance, through the form, and got nothing in response. It'd be one thing if he had someone he was talking to, but he doesn't.

Sorry, I thought he received an email. Did he reply to that by email or send another contact form? He needs to send an email containing the information you quoted above and they should get back to him. I can escalate this but I just want to check I have my facts right as I could end up slowing things down rather than speeding them up 🙂

He's submitted through the form twice now and hasn't gotten an email back from it either time. Has checked spam and junk filter, nada. It's like it's not doing anything.

I'll ask one of the staff to check into this. Hold tight.

Case #01155779 is with the right folks, don't worry. He'll get a reply from our payments team as soon as they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Appreciated and a word for the higher ups:

When it comes to a paid service, there has to be a better way than forms and message boards. Don't get me wrong, having a ticketing system/message board is better than nothing. Where a paid service is involved though, and one users really like, phone support is needed. Just my $.05 from a user of over two years now.

Afternoon - my friend still hasn't received any contact. Do you have any ETA on when someone will be in contact with him or any info on someone he can contact directly, as opposed to having to use another active user for help?

Hate to say it, but this is seriously making me consider killing my subscription.

Your friend's email is in the right hands and they will be back in touch as soon as they can 🙂

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

With all due respect, that didn't answer the question.

Based on history, how long should he expect "as soon as they can" to take so that he can align his expectations the right way? Please also be advised, that he is currently paying for a service that he cannot use. He is unable to login to any spotify interface, beit web, desktop app, or mobile app, to access his account information - hence why I'm posting message after message and getting nowhere fast.

Please ask your friend to check his email 🙂

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

He did - they said his account was unlocked, but when he tried it - post email - it was still locked out. I certainly appreciate the assistance, but things are still stuck.

Just ask him to reply directly to the last email from customer support and they can continue to lend a hand.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Did he get this sorted?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts