Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account being hijacked by another user who changed pw and email

Account being hijacked by another user who changed pw and email

Hello im the user fan2me and i pay for my account. But its been hijacked i can still logg in tru facebook but the email was changed to "[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]" my real email is [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]. Why wasnt i alerted that someone changed the password ?!?

If this service is going to be difficult to recover ill just call my bank and stop the payment.

[Edit - Best to keep those details out of the public eye, too many spammers! - Peter]

5 Replies

I just cancelled my subscribtion to be sure i dont want to pay for a service im not getting. But i would still love to get hold of my own account i also see some ppl have made their own **bleep**ty musics lists....

Hi, and welcome to the community!

As your email has been changed (so you won't be able to request a password reset), I suggest you submit this online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to change your email, maybe reset your password, and maybe force log you out on all devices.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

If they don't do the last 2 things, make sure to post on this topic to get logged out of all devices, then I suggest you reset your password so the hacker can't login again.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

fan2me - I've just passed your email onto the payments team. They should get back to you shortly. Don't worry, they'll get it all sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

thanks i made a email to to support and got a id number for my case but still no conntact yet =( altho i can still logg on spotify tru my facebook 😃

Hi fan2me - Your case is still with the team. They'll be sending you an email as soon as they can. 

Thanks again for your patience while we work on sorting this out. 

Suggested posts