Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account being used on another device

Solved!

Account being used on another device

So, someone has been using my account on a PS4 for a while. Actually I know who it is since I logged my account on the console, but even though I have changed my password a thousand times and used the "log out in every device" option the person still has access to it.

Music would be interrupted lots of time but I was too lazy to actually come here complain. Thing is, the person deleted all my saved albums. This really made me mad. Is there any way to recover these? Could it still be in your servers?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Welcome to the Spotify community!

If you saved your album as a playlist, you will be able to easily recover it. Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create. 

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

If you didn't save the album as a playlist, then unfortunately there is no way to recover it. However, please make sure you are logged in to the right account. If you are, try checking the Spotify  web player and seeing if your albums are still saved there. If they are, then it is likely that this is just an error and you will be able to regain access to them by reinstalling the Spotify app/client on the device which cannot access the albums.

To kick the unauthorized person out of your account, follow this guide:

Someone has gained access to my account.

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry, looks like my albums haven't been deleted. I relogged and for some reason they were there again. But I still wish something would be done about the person using my account through their PS4.

Marked as solution

Hey,

Welcome to the Spotify community!

If you saved your album as a playlist, you will be able to easily recover it. Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create. 

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

If you didn't save the album as a playlist, then unfortunately there is no way to recover it. However, please make sure you are logged in to the right account. If you are, try checking the Spotify  web player and seeing if your albums are still saved there. If they are, then it is likely that this is just an error and you will be able to regain access to them by reinstalling the Spotify app/client on the device which cannot access the albums.

To kick the unauthorized person out of your account, follow this guide:

Someone has gained access to my account.

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts