Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account canceled because still linked to facebook

Account canceled because still linked to facebook

Hi again,

I have just canceled my spotify premium account, because I don't want to use facebook anymore and you guys seemed unwilling to unlink my spotify account from my facebook account. I stayed with you guys because there was no real alternative, but now there is.

So unless you can somehow unlink my spotify account from my facebook account before 2-8-2015 I will be hopping over to the apple folks.

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Thanks for the post. 

Since you've created your account through Facebook, you'll be unable to just 'unlink' it. However, our team can help by freeing up your email address (so it can be reused) and then transfer any music over.

Your subscription can't be transferred but you can get your current one cancelled and help with setting up a new one.

Just give the guys @SpotifyCares a shout. Alternatively, you can fill out our contact form at https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact.

Thank you

Catherine

I am willing to accept this as a solution, if everything from my current account can be moved to my new account AS IS, meaning that the playlists I have created will then belong to my new account so I can edit them, and also that they still have the correct dates for when I innitially added the songs to the playlist. Because if that data get's lost in the transfere I have no reason to stay with spotify and will use apple music from now on.

I have always enjoyed the spotify program, but the support has managed to piss me off time and time again, by giving me false and/or incorrect information.

Because I have asked them before if my email could be "freed" so I could sign up again, and was told that was not possible, they continued by telling me that it wasn't at all possible to sign up with just an emailadress, which was allready possible at that time.

That being said I have lost all faith in your support system, and I don't understand why all support has to be given in public forums and on twitter, I have tried support through email as well, but got NO, ZERO response.

Anyway, if it's possible to move my playlist over with the new account being the new owner, and the (added) dates stay the same I will give it a go.

How do I give the guys @SpotifyCares a shout, because that link does not work for me.

All I get is this:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1637EB75.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Thanks for getting back to me @user-removed.

If you're a Twitter user, simply give the guys a shout at their Twitter handle, SpotifyCares.

Don't have Twitter? Fill out our contact form 🙂

Thank you

Suggested posts