Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account constantly hijacked/hacked now I can't even login.

Account constantly hijacked/hacked now I can't even login.

Ugh well it's the weekend, I have friends over and I can't login to my #$*&ing account. I've been having problem with someone hijacking/hacking my premium spotify account. I had 3 different instances in less than a month where I can clearly tell someone else is using my account like making playlists, deleting my playlists, listening to songs I don't listen to and changing songs when I'm listening to music. Now I can't even log into my account. I'm getting a "Page is not redirecting properly" notice on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. My Android app wont login either saying my facebook id and password is wrong when it clearly is not.

I'm just so tired of the horrible customer service and security problems I've been dealing with in the last 2 months. I expected much better for a paid service and being a loyal customer for well over a year. I need the issue fixed ASAP and I demand a refund on the past month of the horrible service given. If the issue isn't fixed I will be going to your competitors instead.

Oh and FYI Spotify has disabled screenshots on the android app so I can't show you that login on Android is failing.

Screenshot (1).png
3 Replies

@jtb44

Try to login directly to the app using your Facebook email address (the one you use to login) as username and your Facebook password.

Like I posted in the other thread, it's better to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using, and let someone from Spotify migrate your stuff to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well it looks like I am logged in but whenever I try to go to account settings I get the same results from the first screenshot.

Do I really have to create a new email and spotify account to really get this fixed? It seems so ridiculous that I'd have to do that.

I contacted customer service over 4 hours ago and no responce. I also contacted the Spotify Twitter and they said someone would contact me right away yet nobody has. In the past month I've never had a good experience with Spotify customer service and even explained why in the survey that was asked of me to take.

I'm just so disappointed with the service and it feels like a waste of money...

Screenshot (2).png

@jtb44

Did you get a 'message received' email confirmation? If not, log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this other contact form.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the Community, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com

Sorry for all your troubles. From a fellow Spotify user, I do believe making a new account with a different email / password would solve them once and for all. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts