Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account creation problem

Account creation problem

Hi,

When I try to create a Spotify account with my email it sais that there is already an account under this name linked to a Facebook account.

When I try to Sign in as a Facebook account it sais there is no Spotify account associated with my Facebook account.

When I try to reset password it sais my email is linked to my Facebook account again.

Very confusing and very frustrating..

How can I get this resolved?

Thanks.

12 Replies

Hello @pupajoN, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Have you ever registered and account using facebook/that email before? 

I hope to hear back from you soon 🙂

I dont remember doing so but I must have.

I got this same frustrating issue.... its seems that spotify know most of the facebook emails. then says you're already registered but you haven't then you'll get to force login with your facebook account since they said you already have one.. this seems to be their tactics to attract user. now.. you wont get your personalized account with username after you login using your facebook. So sad but we can't do anything 😕

It also seems that they don't have a way to contact them... 

@pupajoN

Mmm, do you by any chance have/had more than one facebook account? If you have are you sure that you are attempting to login to facebook with the account that you used tk create your spotify account?

If this doesnt solve your issue please let me know so i can further escalate the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

No just the one facebook account.

yes I know you would think they would have some form of support via phone or email but i guess not..

No... But now I have two spotify account.. One is registered with facebook
acount and one is registered with my other email. Now I have this problem,
I can't link my facebook to my spotify account with my custom username... I
want to merge my two spotify account, if it can't be then I will delete or
deactivate both, but I can't find a way to do so.

Thank you for your response.

Hello @nferocious76 🙂

Could i ask you to make a new topic please?

Its hard to solve two issues in one topic 🙂

Much appreciated, thanks! 🙂

Hello @pupajoN

I'm not sure how exactly to solve your issue, so i have escalated it and somebody with a solution should contact you here soon 🙂

I hope you get a solution soon 🙂

Hello @pupajoN

You can contact Spotify support here to assist you with your issue 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Yes I do have one facebook and I had no other dummy account... 

Suggested posts