Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account deleted - Still says 'we're sorry that account is taken'

Account deleted - Still says 'we're sorry that account is taken'

I used a 'Premium for Family' invitation to set up a seperate account for my work.

It gave me a random username which I wasn't happy with so I then deleted the account (with associated work email address) in order to 'clear' that email address and so I could to repeate the invitation/sign up process and set a suitable Username this time (this is important for the work account).

However when trying to sign up again I get the prompt 'We're sorry, that email is taken' even though the account attachted to that address has now been deleted.

This is frustrating as I now seemingly can't set up an account for the work email account even though this is 'de-registered' from Spotify.

Any help how to 'clear' that email address from the Spotify servers, so I can set this up again would be appreciated

Thanks

Ped

1 Reply

Hi @petergeorgerice!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

Don't worry, our Accounts team can help you with this. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with the email address you'd like to use.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

Suggested posts