Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account details pasted online

Account details pasted online

I just found my spotify account details pasted on 3 differents sites, with 1000's of other users accounts.

The dates line up in a few months ago when I had issues with someone else logging into my account and creating and deleting playlists. My account was eventaully restored through spotify support and I changed the password.

Why hasn't spotify notified everyone and why hasn't this made it in the news feeds?

3 Replies

Hey there @moool35,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We really appreciate your concerns regarding this matter.

Rest assured we monitor Pastebin and other sites regularly. When we find any Spotify credentials, we first verify that they are authentic, and if they are, we immediately notify affected users to change their passwords.

We're afraid we can’t provide any further information about the status of details on other services. However, if you have any concerns regarding your account, we'd suggest making sure to read this support article.

We hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Is there somewhere I can send the links to the sites I have found, for spotify to investiagte, I would rather not post them here.

Hey there @moool35,

In this case, I'd suggest reaching back to support and passing the links on. This way, they'll be able to take a closer look for you 🙂

We hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts