Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account disappeared after failed password reset attempts

Account disappeared after failed password reset attempts

Plan: Free

Device: iPhone SE App, desktop browser (Windows 10), desktop app (Windows 10)

My Question or Issue:

Hello! Yesterday evening, my normal Spotify account (the account I'm posting on is not the one stuck) required me to re-log in, and it's been a while so I ended up forgetting my password. I'm using the phone app at this point, and I send a password reset to myself via email. When I clicked on the Spotify password reset link, it says the password reset link either tabbed out or is already used. Figuring I was too slow, I try a few more times, clicking the reset link within 30 seconds-1 minute of receiving it. Each attempt says the reset timed out or was used already.

Later that night, I try again from my desktop, figuring I can have the windows open side-by-side so I couldn't get timed out as quickly. I also read up on the account issues page that had a suggestion to try and copy-paste the reset link into an incognito mode browser. When I entered my email for the password reset on the Spotify website, it says no account with this email exists. Which is untrue, because I have received several reset emails at this email address. Is the account truly gone, or am I just locked out for a certain amount of days/hours before I can try again?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Similar problem here.  I tried to reset my password and got the email but the link didn't work.  Tried again, got another email and that didn't work either.  Now, when I try, the website just says "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."  So I can't even get an email anymore.  Also, if I try to create an account with the same email, it says that email has been taken.  I had to create another account just so I can log onto community.spotify.com to write this!

I've contacted Spotify support but they just gave me a canned reply.  I am doubtful they will be of much help.

Jonathan

Hey @user-removed and @gypsqt!

I'll try to help you out here. Can you try having the password reset with different email addresses (even if you don't think you used them to sing up for Spotify)?  You can find more info about this here. Also, you should make sure you use the "Log in with Facebook" option and enter your Facebook credentials if your account is linked to Facebook.

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Jose_M, thanks for the reply! My other emails either resulted in no account linked to them, or is linked to the account I'm currently posting on. Facebook also ended up linked with this account, too. I think I made this account first with my more main email and Facebook, and made my currently lost account with another email.

My Discord is still linked to my lost account, but I'm not sure if that means anything.

Hey @gypsqt!

In this particular case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts