Free

Country

United States

Device

PC, Laptop, Moto Z3

Operating System

PC & Laptop: Windows 10 | Phone: Android 9.0.0

My Question or Issue

So, one day I went to use spotify as normal, this was a few months ago. I was signed out for some reason but I ignored in and tried to sign in, only to get a message basically saying no account is linked to that email / username. I tried several variations to no avail. I went to the spotify website and clicked Sign Up and tried my email and password, only to be told it exists with an account. Things to be noted: When signing in on pc with my correct information it almost logs in, one time I even saw my playlists for a second. On mobile it just crashes the app. Neither of this happens with straight up incorrect account details. I had to create a second spotify account to contact support, which I submitted a report a few months ago to no response. My original spotify account's username is 'Pathally'. Please help me if you can, I just want my playlists and such back. (Also to be able to use my username.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you were signed out of your account and you weren't able to log back in, then it's quite likely that someone took over your account and changed the email address.

We suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support team here. They will help you to restore your account and get it back to you.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I recieved a response this time and found out it was disabled due to 'suspicious activity' but they re-enabled it and I changed the info for it. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

your account was deleted you have not been on your account for about a year all you   just have make a new account sorry 😞 

So I also have to use a separate email for it then?

Cause I havent been inactive for a year, I used it rather often.

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you were signed out of your account and you weren't able to log back in, then it's quite likely that someone took over your account and changed the email address.

We suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support team here. They will help you to restore your account and get it back to you.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes 🙂

When signing in, it almost works, it starts loading, then it stops responding for a moment and reappears at the home screen. If they changed the email or something I don't think it's start to load it with incorrect credentials. Second off, the last time I tried using Spotify support and put in a request, I didn't receive a response for months, and still haven't.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, we'd suggest following the steps provided in this support site article to reach out to our support teams.

We'd also recommend making sure to add the details of the account you need help with. This way, a member of our support teams can take a look backstage for you.

Keep in mind that if you receive an automated reply from a no-reply address that your request has been received, you can reply to it to bump things up. 

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I forgot to mention, that upon typing in my original correct credentials, occasionally it gives me a 403 error.

Has it allowed you to try and reset your password?

No, as my email comes up under not linked to an account when I try.

Are you still able to look at the old account? Like can you see the old
playlists?

I am unable to log in to the account, therefore I can't see my playlists or such.

I have just submitted another support ticket using the link given by the reply from the moderator. If I will choose it as an answer if I get a reply and eventually solve my issue but for now im waiting.

Marked as solution

I recieved a response this time and found out it was disabled due to 'suspicious activity' but they re-enabled it and I changed the info for it. Thanks for the help!

i’m so glad they were able to activate it again! No problem:) ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##

Hey @user-removed,

Glad to hear that the folks from the Customer Support team were able to help you get back to your music!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with - we'll be right here 🙂

Take care!

Suggested posts