Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account does not get accepted by spotify on my PC

Account does not get accepted by spotify on my PC

Hello guys, 

my problem is that I got an account on my mobile phone but spotify says "there is no "real" account" whether i try to log in on my pc. I forgot my password and my E-Mail address from this account. I didn't find any solution online so I'm asking now.

Thanks if someone can help me.

Greetings 

4 Replies

Hi there!

If you can't log in and you’re unsure which email you used, I’d recommend having a quick scan of the email accounts you own for emails from ‘hello@spotify.com’. That way you can determine which one you used to sign up for Spotify with. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more help.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, first, thanks for your help but I already tried it.

You can search my account and it exists but if I try to log in on my pc it says there is no account with this name. 

And by looking into spotifycache folder (Android -> data -> com.spotify.music -> files ->spotifycache -> Users) and look up my users, there is only an old user and not my actual account.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Greetings 

Hey there!

Thanks for the info, let's try some steps to see if that helps:

Can you try logging in with Facebook? I'd also recommend checking all your email addresses for Spotify receipts (you have Premium).

It would also be worth having a password reset with all possible email addresses you might've used here https://www.spotify.com/password-reset. This way, you can find out which email address is connected to your account.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello there 

Yes I got premium but I already tried to reset my password with different e-mail adresses but it didn't work and I don't have a Facebook account (I don't use it).

The main problem is that spotify cannot find my account if I try to log in on my PC (Aka_dennis, you can search it. This account exists!). 

Thank you for your help 

greetings 🙂

Suggested posts