Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account doesn't update recently played

Account doesn't update recently played

A few days ago, I was playing music on desktop when my computer crashed (pretty sure it's not spotify's fault though) and I had to turn it off "the hard way" with the song still playing but like a broken record, stuck at a certain point. Since then, my "recently played" has been stuck at that point when I check it on the desktop version. And as result, my "recently played artists" list is also not moving on from that day. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, switched to older versions, played on other platforms (iPhone, iPad) and while everything is running smoothly in regards to playing music, this little thing is bothering me endlessly.

Another issue that has showed up as I tried reinstalling is that whenever spotify auto updates to the latest version, the "date added" for my playlists goes blank. The dates show up in older versions but the current one leaves it blank.

How do I go about getting rid of these minor but still annoying nuisances?

I'm on premium if that makes any difference.

1 Reply

Hey there @MPT,

thanks for posting in the community !

It seems you might have left some traces of installations on your device and when repeating the action made it a bit more comlicated for the system to clear it out.

Let's try the following steps : 

- Perform a full uninstall of the Spotify app

- Reach %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete all folders you find with the Spotify name on them (Only under the Local and Roaming folders)

- Restart your PC

- Reinstall a fresh new copy of Spotify to assure you get the latest and all cleaned out version of the app.

Let me know if it did the trick 😃

Suggested posts