Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked, Customer Service Team AWOL

Solved!

Account hacked, Customer Service Team AWOL

My account was hacked almost two weeks ago. Your customer service team gave me case number 01616624 and confirmed that the email address had been changed so I cannot reset the password. I gave them the information they asked for, including the Billing ID, but I have had no reply for more than a week, despite repeated emails.

I'm a premium subscriber and I am currently paying for someone else to use the service. I've lost 12 days or service so far and am beginning to feel that you have left me swinging in the breeze. I depend on spotify for my music and leaving would be a major pain, the fact that i'm having to consider moving to another service both to stop paying for someone else to use this one, and in protest at your lack of response, demonstrates how disappointed I am.

Please help.

Rob

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It looks like the case has been solved.

Is this correct? Has your case been solved? 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Sorry to hear about this!

I have escalated this case to the proper team at Spotify and they should be in contact as soon as possible.

It's currently almost the weekend so I don't know when they will reply, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

It looks like the case has been solved.

Is this correct? Has your case been solved? 

MattSudaSpotify Star

My premium account was hacked over a week ago! Case # 02239871- still awaiting a reply from customer service after sending them the info that they requested. I am able to log in through facebook (free account) but not through premium so I cannot change my password or payment info. Please help!!

@user-removed 

I have forwarded your post to someone at Spotify. Hopefully someone will contact you about this soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi @user-removed!

Apologies for the delay. I've just assigned your case to our payments team, hopefully you'll get a response soon!

Regards,

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Im having the same problem - I can get in via Facebook but the email address has been changed, as has DOB. HELP ! ?

@Andy__W

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts