Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked? Family members added without my confirmation

Solved!

Account hacked? Family members added without my confirmation

I have premium family account shared with my father and my wife's brother. Today my father said that spotify premium got disabled. I logged in via browser and checked family accounts. I see 4 members are added and my father removed from family accounts. I don't know who these people are. Is my account hacked? Can I see account login history somewhere? Or is there a security breach from spotify itself?
I already changed my password, but I didn't remove those guys from the family account yet.
These are the foreigners that are using my family account. They all are Turkish as I am (identified from their e-mails or names)

gyryi7g58dewrd4b5spmfc8rq
rzaejder@gmail.com

pzmls5xwovezhvoefz5f7c48k
IIIseko5III@gmail.com

3tbpkk2furan7n6dg9nez35cg
yigitkrky3838@gmail.com

Mehmet Can Şahin
squalmoney@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I see this a lot. More than likely it'll just be email address and password reuse. ie someone pulls the LinkedIn/MySpace etc dumps from ~2012, then tries to log into varying services (Spotify, Facebook, etc) using the same credentials. Once they find one that works, they just note it down.

So, ask yourself.  Have you used the same password elsewhere ?  I'm willing to bet the owners of the compromised accounts have...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

The problem is a lot bigger than it might seems. Spotify team I will highly recommend you to contact me immediately.

I contacted one of these foreign accounts through telephone, and he explained how he got my e-mail and password. He downloaded a text file from a website that contains all the hacked information from lot's of different countries, premium/free.
And he even sent me the file, I just downloaded a text file that contains 22241 spotify users e-mail and password.
I believe this is a major security breach.

Hey, we're happy to help!

Can you contact us here with your account details? We'll be sure to help you sort this out quickly.

Marked as solution

I see this a lot. More than likely it'll just be email address and password reuse. ie someone pulls the LinkedIn/MySpace etc dumps from ~2012, then tries to log into varying services (Spotify, Facebook, etc) using the same credentials. Once they find one that works, they just note it down.

So, ask yourself.  Have you used the same password elsewhere ?  I'm willing to bet the owners of the compromised accounts have...

I already did contact through that form and just received reply. I guess they blocked all the accounts in the list (including my account) They will unblock it after they make sure I am the original owner.

Thanks.

Hocam size attıkları txt dosyasını bana atabilirmisiniz? Hesabım çalındı şimdi e postamı falan değiştirmişler. Oradaki şifreyle bende şifremi değiştirip hesabımı geri almaya çalışacağım.

MINES TOO!!-four people I never invited to my family plan!! It's got to be an inside job for this to happen! 

Suggested posts