Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked - HELP

Account hacked - HELP

Got a strange email informing me that the email address associated with my account changed. Thought it was weird and decided to investigate. Turns out  someone changed the email, phone number, postcode and password of my account - thankfully I still have access because my account is connected to Facebook.It also looks like they deleted all my playlists.

More importantly, they changed my Premium Family subscription from a two-member to a five-member subscription, meaning I'll be charged substantially more on my next billing cycle.

I've contacted Spotify through account-details-changed@spotify.com and through the support page, but what I'd really like is a phone number to get this sorted out immediatelly.

Is there anything else I can do? I don't want to disconnect all devices, in case my access through Facebook gets cut off.

Thanks for any and all help.

2 Replies

Hey there,

Have you used the normal contact form? If so, all support emails go to the person that now has access to your account and not to you.

If you'd like to receive the support emails, head to http://bit.ly/SpotifyCFA (make sure you're logged out of any Spotify accounts while using this form).

Alternatively, you can contact Spotify Support through Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Theyusually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Let's put it like this:

The fact that I can't contact someone to have something as serious as this dealt with immediatelly reflects very poorly on Spotify as a whole. I want some sort of guarantee that this is being dealt with in a timely fashion, but I get no guarantee that this is being dealt with at all.

My account is now full of Turkish songs I've never heard of, and shows to be constantly playing from an iPhone I don't have.

I've had Premium for over a year now, and used free long before that. I don't want to cancel my subscription, but if there is even a remote chance that I will pay so much as a cent to allow these criminals to use my account I will cancel the card connected to Spotify and use another music streaming program.

I want these people out of my account and I want them out NOW, not tomorrow or the day after. I'm paying for Premium Family for my own enjoyment and that of my partner, not some bastards on the other side of the world. Pretty much any other service I use I'd be able to have this dealt with immediatelly.

Suggested posts