Account hacked, email and password changed

Account hacked, email and password changed

dschritt

My Spotify account seems to have been hacked. The email address has been changed to maysapoika@gmail.com and the password has also been changed. I have access to the account via Facebook login, but cannot change any information.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

21 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

This happened to me too.  My email address was changed.  I used the support chat and after I had verified a payment credential, a Spotify agent restored my old email address.  I then reset the password. 

However they would say nothing about how they thought it could have happened.  They said they had no information.  They denied having an audit log of such changes to accounts (which surely must be untrue given the number of posts to this thread, and also they would need it to post the email control checks they send to us). 

Very strange and as others have said below, very worrying that this continues to be a problem for them after at least three years.

I came away with the suspicion that Spotify were being disingenuous or at least not very open in their replies.

user-removed
Not applicable

I was hacked I couldn't change my music or access my account I also try to stop payment and I looked through my emails and finally found that somebody had changed the user name and I assumed email as you can see in the picture

Screenshot_20180422-183736_Email.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS