Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked, including password. Spotify needs a faster way to handle security incidents

Account hacked, including password. Spotify needs a faster way to handle security incidents

I just received the following email

"Hello, Spotify here.
We wanted to let you know that the email address on your Spotify account has changed recently.
Your previous email address was:<redacted>@me.com
It's now: tkdjgfgsdh@gmail.com

If you meant to do that, then no worries. It's business as usual for you.

If this wasn't you, email us at account-details-changed@spotify.com to let us know. We'll look into what's happened."

I have replied to the email that they provided, but there really needs to be a phone number. An email address is not an acceptable way of dealing with a confirmed security breach.

I feel like a sitting duck just waiting for someone to steal all of my info. I can't even change my password because the hacker already changed it to something else.

2 Replies

Hey @mblack101

If I had to suggest anything it would be to contact Spotify on twitter, they usually reply very quickly and sort out any issues 🙂 

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares

It looks like Spotify was hacked a couple of weeks ago:

https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=db64TcVJ1WJJ2uM692ADEmwAlIgsM&q=spotify+hacked&lr=English&hl=...

The email address on my account has now been changed to skcorp@freenet.de. I am intentionally not redacting it so it will be searchable to others who have been compromised.

Suggested posts