Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked - now my suggestions are contaminated with Spanish music!

Account hacked - now my suggestions are contaminated with Spanish music!

Hi,

A couple of months back my account has somehow been hacked. My subscription was changed to family sharing, my profile name was changed to Rodrigo Alexander Montero etc... and all these Spanish sounding playlists were added. 

I've managed to boot him out of my account,  and switch off family sharing, but I can't figure out how to fix my name and all my daily playlists and my 2017 playlist are now contaminated with his music. How can I fix this? 

9 Replies

Hey, @killer_seahorse -

That's not cool! Unfortunately, for the time being there is no feature to restore/reset your Daily Mix playlists; It is based on the style of music you usually listen to, so if you keep listening to music you'll get your own Daily Mixes back on track.

However you'll be able to restore your deleted playlists through here;

Thank you 🙂

Afternoon,

Sadly seems as though i have has similar happening. My account has been upgraded to family and multiple additional playlists added. What is best route to restore to previous set-up?

Hey, @Chimes1898 -

That's not cool! Looks like someone else is using your account;

I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Any idea how to fix my name? I tried contacting Spotify but got stuck in some online chat where all they wanted to do was block my account!

Hey, @killer_seahorse -

Can you go to Preferences > Social and check out if any Facebook account is connected to your Spotify account? 

I'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

It's connected to a Facebook account inn the same name, Rodrigo etc... But it's just an empty account.

IMG_5828.PNG

Hey, @killer_seahorse -

Thank you for the reply!

Now go to Preferences > Social > Facebook and click 'Disconnect from Facebook.' Your username will show up normal again 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Thank you for the suggestion, but I just got stuck in a loop between the 2 screens. I click one and go to the other, and get nowhere else.

IMG_5833.PNG
IMG_5832.PNG

Hey, @killer_seahorse -

Can you try out the previous steps on the desktop app of Spotify? Disconnecting from Facebook is only available on the desktop app.

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts