Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked/taken over.

Account hacked/taken over.

So I saved an album to my phone this morning and thought I'd check what others I'd got saved as to free some space. Looking in my albums I had a load of artists I'd never heard of, all rap artists.

I then went to playlists and had 0, whereas I know I had at least 20 that I'd been creating for years.

My followed artists were all rappers and none of the artists I like were there anymore.

So it seems someone took over my account.

On logging into spotify.com on my mac I went to devices and there was an Android there, I disconnected all remote devices and changed my password, also changed the linked facebook password just in case.

I managed to recover just one playlist, which was my starred list but none of the others are there anymore.

Is there any way to recover all my artists and saved albums that I had previously.

Its not as though my password was easy, it was uppercase/lowercase randomised characters and only used on here.

Bit annoyed.

1 Reply

Someone got my password and then changed the email/password for the account so I can only log in using my Facebook but I can't change the account email or password. I've emailed Spotify support but apparently premium users have to wait days to hear back from anyone. Maybe Apple Music is more secure

Suggested posts