Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked?

Account hacked?

When I log in using my iphone app through facebook, it takes me to an account that is completely blank.  All my playlists are gone, my saved songs are gone, all the people I follow are gone.  It doesn't have my name, just username XXXXX.

Then, when I use my username and password to log in, there's someone else's name and music saved in my account in addition to mine!  Someone named Micah Johnson.  I cannot change the name and this person has been trying to listen to music at the same time as me all day.  My playlists are all there as well as my saved music.

I changed my password a few times and signed all devices out, but the other user was still getting on.  I then changed my facebook password, that seems to have kicked him off for now.  But his name is still on my account.

What happened here and how do I get his name off my account?

8 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I did log an issue, case #02691137, but have not heard anything.  The user has logged on again so nothing I've done has worked.

Be sure that you reply to the automated e-mail if you haven't already.

Spotify does usually respond within 24-48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hi, I've been emailing Spotify and they have not been able to help me with this issue and they are not quick to respond back.  The last they emailed me was Sunday, I immediately replied back that I had done all they had suggested and I was still having this problem.

Any way you can help me come to resolution on this quickly?  This issue has been open for 5 days now!

Iam having the same issue I think there was a breach in the security and many accounts got hacked or something.

Hey @shraddha1,

Our support team has sent you an email. Please check your inbox and let them know if you have questions.

Thanks!

Hi, I have read the email and performed the actions they suggested, but I still have an issue.  While my account on the website is not  linked to a facebook account, in the Spotify app, my account is linked to a facebook account.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but still have the same issu.

The issue is still not resolved.

Hey @shraddha1,

Sorry to hear that.

Please reply back to the email our support team has sent you with any questions you have. They're the best people to help on this case.

Let us know how you get on! 

Suggested posts