Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked?

Solved!

Account hacked?

Hello everyone.. I woke up today to find out that my account was hacked. I saw that the hacker changed my email and my password and. I'm no longer able to sign in. The person changed the email to hansspiegler55@gmail.com which is completely alien to me. The worst part is my credit card is saved there and it is a premium account which he now has full access to. It wasn't made through Facebook so I literally have absolutely
No way of logging into it so I made this alternate account just to post here. I already sent emails to contact support but I thought I'd post here as well.. this is particularly infuriating and I know I've been hacked because i searches my account and the hacker added playlists of his own on today's date march 17, 2017

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, oh no this is terrible!

I wish I could do something to help but I don't work for Spotify. However, just to let you know you've done exactly the right thing. 

If you account was hacked and password/email changed:

You can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply. They'll sort it out for you as soon at they can.

Best of luck,

Carl 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, oh no this is terrible!

I wish I could do something to help but I don't work for Spotify. However, just to let you know you've done exactly the right thing. 

If you account was hacked and password/email changed:

You can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply. They'll sort it out for you as soon at they can.

Best of luck,

Carl 🙂

I just wanted to ask if my credit card is at risk seeing how I can't get my account back and it's stuck there. Should I just block it ?

Hey, I wouldn't worry too much because they can't actually see your account details. If they log on online all they see is the last four digits of the long card number. Spotify do this so you know what card you've put the direct debit on. It is hardly enough information for them to do anything with.

I would say you could call your bank and get them to cancel the direct debit. But I worry you may loose your account because this is the only thing telling Spotify that it is your account

Suggested posts