Account hacked

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Account hacked

Regular

Me too. Same problem, same artists. This is terrible. Any way of removing them from my account Spotify?

Highlighted

Regular

@JackS

Any updates? It doesn't appear that anything is being done to rectify this situation or to prevent further security incidents.

Additionally, it sounds like nothing is being done to the artist accounts who have paid to boost their popularity through illicit means. 

Highlighted

Regular

No rpely from official staff yet

Highlighted

Same problem and super annoying.  Mine seems to have boosted French rap artists - and this email was found in my users - ( - snipped - )

Can this person be blocked? 

Highlighted

Curious is this ever got fixed. This has happened to me twice in the last year. I have reset my offline devices and signed out everywhere... but still happening. Is it happening due to me signing in through FB? My music is getting interupted and the app is asking if I want to continue listening on my "FireStick" (don't own a firestick). It would be great to figure something out. I haven't found a resolution yet. 

Also, not as important but when I use my discover weekly playlist, it is playing songs from the person that is using my account when I am not active on it. Playing songs I've never heard of and in a different language.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey @justinbraftery!

Help's here 🙂 If you're still having issues with someone else using your account, I'd recommend following the steps in this article again, as well as following the steps in this article!

Cheers,

Tim

Highlighted

Identical issue here, down to the artists. It's going on three months since this thread was started. I know there's a Spotify rep out there with their hand hovering over the canned response button as if we don't have enough of that in this thread, but I strongly suggest not pressing it. Call your boss and get these artists banned. As long as you allow an economy for hacked plays to perpetuate, people will continue getting hacked. See how that works?

SUGGESTED POSTS