Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

Hi guys,
Firstly, I have a spotify account that is linked to my facebook, which means there is no way I can log into my spotify without facebook authorization.
Second of all, I have a family plan which I am the owner of.
Today one of my family members told me that he doesn't have premium anymore.
I opened my spotify to see that I have been logged out of both my computer and my mobile.
I went to the spotify website and checked that my family members have been deleted and they have been replaced with two completely unknown people (attachment included).
I have since changed back the family members, but I can't change my password since the account is a facebook one. So what should i do?

30122983_10204521886243063_747968955_o.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

@Gervyte Yikes!! What i would recommend doing is actually going through facebook itself. If you can get into your facebook follow these steps..

1) Log into facebook and when you do click on the down arrow next to the question mark inside a circle. Its on the top right corner.

2) Click on "Settings" Once you have done that click on "Security and Login"

3) Force Logout all of the devices that your account is logged into. I would also do your personal devices except the one you are currently using.

4) Once you have logged out all the devices go change your password.

5) Also just as a precaution i would also change the password to your email account just incase they have access to that as well. It doesnt hurt to do this..

6) Another precaution i would do is also a function called two-step authorization. This means that both your phone and your computer has to authorize the log in. Yes this can get annoying but its definitely worth it.

I hope you get rid of the pesky hacker. If you have any other questions let me know, ill gladly help you out.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

@Gervyte Yikes!! What i would recommend doing is actually going through facebook itself. If you can get into your facebook follow these steps..

1) Log into facebook and when you do click on the down arrow next to the question mark inside a circle. Its on the top right corner.

2) Click on "Settings" Once you have done that click on "Security and Login"

3) Force Logout all of the devices that your account is logged into. I would also do your personal devices except the one you are currently using.

4) Once you have logged out all the devices go change your password.

5) Also just as a precaution i would also change the password to your email account just incase they have access to that as well. It doesnt hurt to do this..

6) Another precaution i would do is also a function called two-step authorization. This means that both your phone and your computer has to authorize the log in. Yes this can get annoying but its definitely worth it.

I hope you get rid of the pesky hacker. If you have any other questions let me know, ill gladly help you out.

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

This happened to my family account, three separate times, from the same known person.  Each time, reported, nothing done.  I ended up creating three new accounts... same thing happened by the same guy.  NOTHING WAS DONE TO HIM.  He was reported.  This is a public API issue they refuse to fix.  This won't change, even if you encrypt your pw, use 256 characters, and invoke baby jesus.

The guy who hacked mine stalked and raped me.  They knew about that, too.  And I got daily playlist dedications with songs before and after.  "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" is what I was told.  Btw, Google play premium is better, no hacking, and the same price.... first 3 months free.  No harassment.  Family plan costs the same, and safe.  Better sound quality.  Can cloud your own music, too.

Suggested posts