Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

Plan

Premium

Country UK 

Device

iPhone 6 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My account has been hacked twice this month seemingly by two different unknown l people, on two different devices.I have not shared my password with anyone. 

I have changed passwords and logged out of all devices etc. I’m not impressed with the lack of security. Can you assure me this won’t happen again. My card is about to expire and I won’t renew my premium account if I think the security is compromised 

7 Replies

Hey @Dawnmariemorpet,

When someone got access to your Spotify account, please visit the Spotify account site and click on sign out everywhere and change your password here.

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Also, you should follow the steps shown in this support article.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your response.
I already did that and my account was used again just a week later. I have cancelled my premium account it’s obviously not secure.

Hey again @Dawnmariemorpet,

I can assure you that you can make your account secure again!

I‘d recommend you to take another look at https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/, and follow the steps under „What do I do if my account has been taken over?“.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This same thing has happened to me several times this week. I have changed my passwords, logged all devices off, and they still somehow keep accessing my account. It's an android device that I do not recognize especially since I have never shared my account with someone. Is there any way for Spotify to track down the user and block them from accessing? 

I’m switching to Apple Music. If Spotify can’t keep your account secure how can they keep your bank details secure ? 

As for this “you have earned a badge “ rubbish. Patronising 

LK608 if you’re not a Spotify employee why are you working for them ? 

Same here, mysterious "office speaker' comes back, no matter how I change password or contact support. Had to cancel premium for that.

Suggested posts