Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

Plan

Premium

Country Spotify Country UK, (now located in Canada)

Device

All (phone, laptop, website, etc)

Operating System

Win10, iOS, Android Marshmallow

My Question or Issue

I was having problems logging in to Spotify last night. Today, upon resetting password, I check on my username and it seems that alot has changed. My username has changed which I didnt even beleive was possible. All my playlists have been deleted and replaced with new ones. In the account profile, EVERYTHING has been changed except for email. Even the account location has been changed from UK to AU. I'm not sure what to do, I need to revert everything back: my playlists, etc.

4 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

I did sign out of everywhere, but I still don't have access to my original account. (I do not get the email to reset my password if I try it using my username)

When I try to login using my original username and pass, I just get a blank screen (on Win10), and just takes me back to the login screen on Android. If I log in using my email, I log in to this new account. When I look for my username, I can find it in the seach no issues. It seems as if the user I'm logged into now is using the same email as my original account.

original account name: malzabin

new account name: minaaalzabin1

What is the best way to contact a staff member? I do not see an east "contact support" or "live chat" option

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Suggested posts