NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

Plan:

Premium

U.S.

Device

(iPhone 8,  Macbook Pro late 2019)

Someone keeps on hacking onto my account. I already tried signing out of all my accounts and changing my password. The person just hacked my account again.

2 Replies

Hi Jay109,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community. I recommend that you first disconnect from all devices that are currently connected to your Spotify account. Then, you should change your password again. I also strongly suggest that you change the password for your email account associated with your Spotify account (as well as for your Facebook account, if you have it connected to Spotify).

In addition, I recommend checking out this support article for more information on what to do next, if the above suggestions do not prevent this person from using your Spotify account. You can fill out the contact form linked at the end of the support article to get in touch with Spotify's support team; select "Logging In," then "Someone's taken over my account," and then "I STILL NEED HELP."

Best regards,

TreyAnastasio

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Jay109,

Sorry to hear about that. Let's take some steps to secure your account!

For maximum effect and security, you can start by resetting your password for your Spotify account and then signing out from all devices.  

After that, it's advisable to reset the password for any other service (Facebook or your email) that's connected with your Spotify account.  

Bear in mind that the more complex password that you use, the better. And last but not least, it's best to use a different password for each service that you use. You can read more about that here

Let us know if you need more help, we're here for you 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts