Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Solved!

Account hacked

My premium account have been hacked ! 😞

I can log in on my computer and mobile still, but i dont want others to use my account, and the password have changed, so i dont have controll over my subscription either

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, please do so. We'll need to take some security details before changing anything, so the contact form is the best way.

Just include which email address you'd like us to contact you on in your message, and we'll reply to that.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey,

I'd suggest contacting customer support as soon as you can. We'll then be able to get your account back to you. Just head here.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

the email address have been changed as well, can i still use this option ?

Marked as solution

Yes, please do so. We'll need to take some security details before changing anything, so the contact form is the best way.

Just include which email address you'd like us to contact you on in your message, and we'll reply to that.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

The same thing has happened to me - my email and password have been changed without my authorization. I followed your advice and submitted requests to that link about a week ago and still haven't heard anything back! I am a paying premium customer, is this really the kind of customer support I should expect?

Hi minivitale - I can see that my colleague responded to your case on 5 Dec. He's just requested a couple more security details. 

Please have another look in your inbox (including your SPAM filter) for his message. 

I have checked my email address for both the inbox and the spam folder that I provided - Are you sure that he responded to the correct email address? Is there a way i can message it to you again privately?

Hi minivitale - I've just forwarded his message on again--if you don't have that soon please let me know. 

Got it - thanks!

Great--thanks for confirming that minivitale. The team can keep helping via that email thread. 

Emails sent on 1st, 2nd' 3rd and 4th, 5th, 11th March ...

It's is now my sixth email to you (cut and pasted repeatedly) and I still have had no auto response nor reply back, my facebook got hacked which was linked to my premium account the email address was little_miss_heidi@live.com the hackers have amended my password to this and my email so I can not get through to cancel the subscription. I have opened another account this one and I still would like to carry on usin spotify premium but I will not hand over my card details until the old account is deleted and my payment taken off. I dont wish to pay for something that I am not using. Please please help, just some kind of acknowledgment would be nice !!! I've resorted to typing on this forum because my mails on the contact form are not being answered x

My account has been hacked and I am unable to get any response from Spotify.   I have put in two tickets so far in order to get things fixed.   Have people had to cancel credit cards to avoid issues?  

@francoeu wrote:

My account has been hacked and I am unable to get any response from Spotify.   I have put in two tickets so far in order to get things fixed.   Have people had to cancel credit cards to avoid issues?  

Hey! 🙂 

Do you have any case numbers from when you got in touch? They will be in the automated email you get to say your case was received. 

If not, it is possible they are going to the wrong address, if that is the case get in touch using this form and then post your case number here and I will ask someone to chase that one up for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

00713775   and 00711825.  

Someone has said it was escalated to billing which is odd since my credit card was charged 14 days ago.

n

Issues like this are normally handled by the payments team, so that would be correct. Needless to say I will ask the team to chase those up for you asap. 

Peter

Peter

Hi francoeu - Apologies for the delay. I can confirm your case has reached us. You should receive a reply from our team shortly. 

Hello,

I submitted a request for help concerning my hacked account and haven't heard anything back. I didn't receive an automated response, which I expected since whoever hacked my account changed the email address. Can you let me know if my request has been received and/or when I might hear back from the support team?

Thanks!

Dave

Hey Dave 🙂 

Try using this form instead 😉 

Peter

Peter

HI I am having the same issue.  My account has been hacked and the email address and password has been changed.  please let me know how to fix this.  

@spirouz wrote:

HI I am having the same issue.  My account has been hacked and the email address and password has been changed.  please let me know how to fix this.  

Get in touch using the form I linked to above and a member of the Spotify team will be more than happy to assist you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts