Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

My account seems to be hacked since a couple of days.

I received some request in my mailbox, with a link to reset my pasword. Thought it was some kind of spam or internet scam, but it seems now it were official spotify mails.

Weird thing is I can still login to my account with my same old pasword, however i cannot change it. When I request a pasword change I do receive a link in my mailbox through which I should be able to do so. When I click it, it says "something has gone wrong".

Also I saw that the hacker has altered my account to Family Premium, adding a fake email adress (and user). I requested to change it back to simple premium, but this takes about a week, what  I think is way to long. Plus I do not want to pay for his changes.

Ofcourse I would like to know what I can do to prevent that the hacker can still access my account. First thing would be to be able to change my pasword, i guess.

Please someone help!

1 Reply

Hey @IsaJo,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts