Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account has been Hacked and Hijacked! Help!

Account has been Hacked and Hijacked! Help!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone 7

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Random playlists and albums are being downloaded to my Spotify. My playlists are being deleted. I pressed the "log out everywhere" button and attempted to change my password. I wasn't able to change my password because the email associated with my account, as well as the bith date and phone number have changed. The only way I can log into my account is through Facebook and I would like to retrieve full access to my account once again. Any suggestions? Please help.

3 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for replying. As I mentioned in my statement above I already attempted to do all the steps listed in the FAQ you linked. However, I wasn't able to change my password because the password to my account has been changed. The problem still persists and i am completely unable to change my password. If you could help me find a way to alleviate this issue I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!

If you've already completed all the steps, I'd recommend reaching out again to Support to have them secure your account one more time 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts