Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account has been Hijacked

Solved!

Account has been Hijacked

Someone has access to my account and has renewed a previously canceled subscription. I have changed the password to my account which is linked to facebook. I have signed out of all devices multiple times daily for a week now. Please help as i cannot currently afford a premium subscription and have canceled or have been attempting to cancel my subscription for a while now..... Please delete my payment info because i cannot find the place to do it myself. This is an issue i would prefer to call the company about but i am unable to find a phone number for the company...

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Just to update you on our investigation relating to @Spacecadet1986's report in an earlier comment:

With the help of @Spacecadet1986, we've now gathered the required information and we've passed it on to the relevant team, who will look into it and take any necessary action.

Thanks again for your cooperation! Let us know if you see anything else that you think needs our attention.

Take care for now 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Also a smaller issue, my recommended music is now filled up with some sort of foreign or latin music.

The same thing happened to me. I had to do a chat with a Spotify rep about it. I managed to see who the email was that changed my account to their own. I emailed him and he apologized and sent me pictures of where all our info is being released. There are 700+ emails with passwords from Spotify on there.

Thanks for the info how do i get a chat with a rep? im very curious now...

Hi @willbae

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

So your response has been the most useful.. I have not gotten a response from Spotify yet..I was able to stumble upon a short list of emails and passwords.(I don't recall setting it up as I used Facebook as my primary login method.) All of the passwords were pretty simple phrases with some numbers after them leading me to believe that a group of folks were able to get a list of emails and simply Brute Force for simple passwords, though I haven't seen any statements from Spotify.  I suppose this is a reminder to use complex passwords with special characters and numbers...

I agree! I had to change mine and I think i might have to change it occasionally. I’m curious as to how our emails and passwords were leaked tho. I saw that this had been going on since 2017 when I searched key words on the forums for help on what to do. I also let my friends in IG which is my only social media, know what happened and what to do. It’s pretty unsettling knowing how easy it was for someone to just have access to my Spotify. I’m on a family plan so I wonder if any of the other people on the plan had this happen to them as well.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

@Spacecadet1986 - you mentioned that you were provided with info about leaked accounts.

Do you mind sending us a link to the site where these accounts were leaked? We can then see if this has already been reported and taken care of on our end. If not, we'll make sure to report it to the right team.

Thanks! Looking forward to your reply.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Just to update you on our investigation relating to @Spacecadet1986's report in an earlier comment:

With the help of @Spacecadet1986, we've now gathered the required information and we've passed it on to the relevant team, who will look into it and take any necessary action.

Thanks again for your cooperation! Let us know if you see anything else that you think needs our attention.

Take care for now 🙂

exactly the same problem here

Suggested posts