Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung J7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So my problem is a weird one. Ive had Spotify Premium for over 3 years and have had my account probably around 5 years. Im only saying that because Im very familiar with my account so if theres ever an update or something I am usually pretty quick to notice. I started to see some changes on my recently played music about 2 weeks ago. There were some albums that Ive never listened to and it struck my interest. I assumed though that some how in my sleep I navigated to some "different music" which would be understood because I listen to it every night. A week goes by and I see some very...choice....music on my recently played(a Turkce Rap - Mixtape). At this point I know for a fact someone else is using my account. A few days later, I can no longer long into my account and when I check for a password reset, my email isnt even on spotify, as if I never had the account. At this point it would be opptimistic to assume i wasnt hacked individually. Its also worth noting that someone now has  an account with my exact username(gladiacian). What I need to know now is how do I retrieve my account back from spotify, i had over 50 playlists I would like to keep and am upset about losing them. If you can give any help as to how I may at least recover what my account had on it I would be most grateful

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed, welcome to the Community 🙂

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account.

Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take. Make sure you follow all the steps inside of this answer.

Thanks!

I appreciate you letting me know about that solution, but the problem im facing now is that whoever may have gotten access has deleted my account permamently and im going through whatever ways I can to try and recover my said deleted account

Hi @user-removed,

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

I hope this helps!

Suggested posts