Account hijacked through 2FA to play a song over and over again + other issue

Re: Account hijacked through 2FA to play a song over and over again + other issue

niekt
Music Fan

@londonjohn have you received any reply or more information Spotify staff?

Re: Account hijacked through 2FA to play a song over and over again + other issue

londonjohn
Casual Listener

Hey there @niekt. Only the reply that people are looking into it. It's pretty frustrating. Have you?

niekt
Music Fan

@londonjohn no nothing more than that. Very frustrating. I try to keep everything pretty secure online, and if this leak was my fault somehow I want to know how/why/what/when/where haha.

It's also beyond strange that nothing is being done about the, obvious, fraudulent plays that one song is getting. It was at 248k yesterday already. Thats 50k plays in 3 days!

Re: Account hijacked through 2FA to play a song over and over again other issue

londonjohn
Casual Listener
In my case I'm suddenly following all kinds of artists I've never heard of
and playing them too. Same as happened a few months ago. 😑

niekt
Music Fan

@Katerina is there an update to this?

It's now at 375k+ plays with 76 listeners. Is there anything being done about this?

niekt
Music Fan

No update from Spotify mods/admins/devs? Is there any way to see last activity by IP/Region/Date/Time (as is possible for almost every online account I can think of)

jc10399
Casual Listener

I get this too.

I followed the steps from the article here: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/ 

• I've changed my password from Facebook
  • Checked my FB account access from devices and cleared out old ones
  • Did sign out everywhere 

but I still saw someone was playing from Web Player when I logged in. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.56.21 AM.png

This is the playlist that was playing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 12.07.03 PM.png

Help. :( 

niekt
Music Fan
Lol spotify definitely has a big security issue somewhere and theyre taking no steps to fix it...

jc10399
Casual Listener

It's happening again. 

And it keeps playing the song even when I stopped it. 

Ive had it with Spotify. I'm cancelling my account and transfering to Deezer. Anyone here know if it's any good? 

SUGGESTED POSTS