Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account is bound to correct facebook but wrong e-mail

Account is bound to correct facebook but wrong e-mail

Hi,

I have a problem where my spotify account is connected to the correct facebook-profile but wrong e-mail address. I can't change the e-mail address because I don't have the correct password. I always log in via facebook, but the facebook-password does not seem to work when I want to change account details of the spotify account.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Can't use customer support because all they do is "come back to me via e-mail" to an e-mail address that doesn't belong to me....

5 Replies

Hi @fallenx,

when logging in, try using your username only instead of your username@email.com and see if it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, the problem isnt that I can't log in. It is that when I am logged in, go to view my account page, then the registered e-mail there is incorrect. Now I can't change this e-mail without typing a password, but I don't know this password. (I.e. the Spotify password is different that the Facebook password, and this might have been hacked after I connected Spotify to Facebook)...

The problem now is that all messages from Spotify will likely be sent to someone elses e-mail, so I would like to change this.

I see. 

Why don't you try resetting your password?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I have tried. That sends me to the same page as where i "edit account". Which means I have to type correct password to do anything... Plus if it did reset password I guess the new password would be sent to the account-email, which is the wrong address...

Ok, so I suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form including as much detail as you can, and also your current email address so that their reply can get to you.

Good luck!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts